Download an application form
If you are in England, Wales and Northern Ireland see the information and documents on this page. If you are in Scotland contact the SJIB.
ECS Card Application Form and Guidance Notes
ECS Managers Card Application Form
Application help and information
Select the card type you require based on the information provided on this site.
All card descriptions, eligibility requirements and other information can be viewed
in the Card Types section. If you cannot
find what you’re looking for, remember to visit the Help & FAQ’s
page which has other useful information.
Further information is provided on the ECS card application guidance notes document. ECS cards are
issued against the scheme rules; other industry organizations might have other rules or registration
criteria to ECS and these are not recognised as evidence to support your ECS application. You should
also note that as a general guide, if you started your training after 1996 the mandatory requirement
for the Installation Electrician ECS Gold Card has been the NVQ level 3.
- Read the guidance notes carefully and complete all the appropriate sections.
- You will require a single, countersigned passport-sized photograph to accompany your application. See the application form.
- You are required to enclose photocopies of all your relevant certificates, qualifications, employer and industry references, apprenticeship deeds and so on. See application form).
- You must sit and pass the ECS H&S assessment if you do not already hold an approved Health & Safety qualification. A copy of your H&S Certificate must be enclosed in order to be permitted to apply for a card. See Section the application form.
Card validity, fees and payment: The standard fee for all cards is £36 (VAT included) and all cards
are valid for 3 years from the issue date. Note that fees for an ECS Health & Safety assessment are not
included and are payable directly on booking your assessment with your chosen provider.
Scale of fees (VAT included):
- Initial ECS card and registration - £36.00
- Renewal of ECS card (when card has less than three months until expiry): £24.00
- Duplicate card (when in possession of current card): £18.00
- Once you have received confirmation that your application has been received by the ECS administration team, you can track the progress of your application online here.
- Contact us if you require any further help.
>> JIB409 - JIB Apprentice Scheme Apprenticeship Completion Form
>> ECS048 - Manager's Application Form