Please Note: ECS Datacoms cards are being replaced by the Network Infrastructure cards.
However, this ECS card is being retained, and will continue to be available, for current cardholders and new applicants that have completed the industry sector apprenticeship and hold the qualifications listed in the Eligibility and Requirements section below.
If you do not have the exact qualifications for this card you will need to meet the requirements of a Network Infrastructure card.
Apprentices completing the level 3 Network Infrastructure Apprenticeship Standard should apply for the ECS Network Infrastructure Installer card. For more details please see the Network Infrastructure information page.
The ECS Advanced Datacomms Specialist card is for operatives that are qualified to Level 3 in a recognised datacomms qualification and are installing, commissioning and maintaining structured cabling systems for datacomms systems.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an ECS Advanced Datacomms Specialist card, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. You must have achieved :
- Have undertaken an approved Level 3 Datacomms Specialist apprenticeship
Or have passed one of the following:
- The S/NVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Services Installing and inspecting Structured Cabling Systems
- The BTEC Level 3 NVQ for IT and Telecomms Professionals
- The BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- The C&G 4520 Level 3 NVQ in ICT Professional Competence
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page