Building Controls Associate


Card information

This Building Controls Related Discipline card is to provide a progression route for people working in the Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) sector. 
A Building Controls Associate will typically be in a support role as part of a team of Building Controls Engineers.

Eligibility and requirements

To be eligible for an ECS Building Controls Associate card, applicants must hold the following:

1. The Building Controls qualification:
  • BCIA BCM00 Introduction to Building Controls and HVAC or
  • CIBSE Practical Controls for HVAC Systems
2. Hold the ECS Electrical Safety Unit Assessment.

3. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page

Apply Now