Routes to Gold Card

If you specifically need an ECS Gold Card for work – what are the routes to getting one?

Route 1...

You’ll need to be qualified to NVQ Level 3 standard or equivalent – that means even if you qualified years ago, providing it was the industry-recognised training scheme at the time, we’ll accept that so long as you can provide proof of your qualifications.

Route 2...

If you don’t meet Level 3 NVQ standard and you’ve been in the industry for years but just don’t have a formal qualification, The Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Assessment​ route can help you to become assessed and gain the industry Level 3 standard to become eligible for a gold card.  

Can't follow either of these routes?

Your best option is to apply to the scheme and receive a card best suited to your current qualifications. When you’ve had further training and can send your additional certificates to us, you can upgrade your card. Take a look at our Card Types page to see the options available to you.