From 01 October 2018 the requirements for ECS Manager cards are changing. If you already hold a Manager card, from 01 January 2019 you will also need to meet the new requirements.
The following management occupations will be available:
- Electrical Site Manager
- Electrical Contract Manager
- Site Manager
- Project Manager
- Contract Manager
Download an information sheet with more details.
Current information (applicable until 01 October 2018):
The ECS Electrical Site Manager card is for staff to manage the electrical work carried out by their company on construction sites. The card acknowledges the managerial status and qualifications of the cardholder.
It is possible to hold both a black Manager card and a skilled gold card if you have qualified under both sets of criteria.
Applicants for this card must be qualified and experienced to carry out, as a minimum, the following activities as an Electrical Site Manager (alternative/additional activities may also be considered):
- Contribute to planning work methods, resources, teams & systems to meet project requirements
- Control contract costs, quality and progress and assess information
- Develop teams and individuals to enhance performance
- Develop own resources
- Develop effective working relationships
- Contribute to addressing poor performance of team members
- Facilitate meetings
- Implement works to meet project requirements
- Establish and oversee materials supply