The Building Controls Integrator’s role is to support the commission process of building energy management systems, including setting up, programming and end user training in the operating of the installed systems.
This card is suitable for technical staff that need to support the installation of building control systems, but are not likely to require the full scope of the industry apprenticeship to carry out their role.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an ECS Building Controls Integrator card, applicants must hold the following:
- The BCIA Technical Certificate, which is awarded on completion of the following three modules of the BCIA Training Scheme:
- Fundamentals of HVAC & Building Technology (BCM01)
- Measuring & Control Technology (BCM02)
- Hydraulics in Building Services (BCM03)
- A formal BS7671 qualification in the current edition of the wiring regulations (currently BS7671: 2018, 18th edition)
- Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page