The ECS Digital Support Manager card is for those digital and technology solutions professionals providing technology enabled solutions across a range of areas including software, business and systems analysis, cyber security, data analysis and network infrastructure. Individuals will be expected to undertake necessary project management following a systematic methodology for technology solutions projects and may manage a team of support and development staff for this purpose.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for a Digital Support Manager's card, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Level 4 or above apprenticeship standard or degree in a relevant discipline such as Digital and Technology Solutions Professional or Specialist, or
- Level 4 or above technical qualification in a relevant discipline such as Certified Data Centre Management Professional, or
- Masters Degree in Data Centre Leadership and Management
, a relevant Level 4 or above Management or Supervisory Health and Safety certificate such as:
- Construction Skills (CITB) Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- IOSH Safety, Health & Environment for Construction Site Managers
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- CCNSG Safety Passport - Supervising / Leading a Team Safety Course
- IOSH Safety for Directors
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety
- UK Degree level Health and Safety qualification
- And, an ECS HS&E Assessment (only if you’re not exempt by taking one of the above H&S courses)
To complete your application you will need the ECS HS&E assessment. However, if the health and safety qualification you hold is accepted as a 3-year exemption from the ECS HS&E Assessment you will not need to sit the ECS Assessment separately when you apply.