If you hold the level 3 Fire, Emergency and Security Systems (FESS) Apprenticeship Standard you should apply for the FESS Systems Technician gold ECS card. For more details please see the Fire, Emergency and Security Systems (FESS) information page.
The Emergency & Security Systems Surveyor ECS card is for operatives who have gained the industry level 3 qualification and are carrying out site surveys for the installation of emergency and security systems.
Working at this level typically involves carrying out the following duties unsupervised:
- survey and design a security/emergency system
- maintain effective working relationships
- make plans and arrangements for work on site
- prepare a tender/quotation for the provision and maintenance of a basic security/emergency system
- negotiate sales
- solve problems on behalf of customers
- make sales presentations to existing and potential customers
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card, applicants must:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed an Approved Apprenticeship in Emergency and Security Systems
- Have successfully completed the NVQ Level 3 in Providing Security, Emergency & Alarm Systems (1882) or (1866)
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.