1. If you already have either an electrical or FESS technical qualification this will be accepted for your card.
View a full list of JIB approved Electrical qualifications
View a list of JIB approved FESS qualifications
(Only the health and safety element of these qualifications is recognised by the JIB for a FESS Labourer card).
2. You will also need to pass the ECS Health, Safety & Environmental Assessment.
If you don’t hold a JIB-approved electrical theory qualification, you’ll need the following:
1. Successful completion of ONE of the following Health & Safety courses:
2. You only need to sit a separate ECS Health, Safety & Environmental Assessment if you passed any of the above courses over three years ago.
If you have taken the courses listed in item 1 within the last three years, you do not have to sit the separate ECS HS&E Assessment.
3. Proof of employment in the electrical industry
This needs to be in the form of a written reference from your employer to confirm you are employed by that company. View more details on what should be included in your reference. If you normally work for an employment business you should obtain a signed letter from the business to confirm your dates of engagement as an Electrical Labourer.