If you hold the level 3 Fire, Emergency and Security Systems (FESS) Apprenticeship Standard you should apply for the FESS Systems Technician gold ECS card. For more details please see the Fire, Emergency and Security Systems (FESS) information page.
The Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Installer ECS card is for operatives that have gained the industry level 3 qualification in installation.
Working at this level typically requires the following knowledge and skills:
- requirements of BS7671 for electrical safety
- understanding of safety issues
- effective working relationships
- understanding of relevant electrical safety issues,
- commissioning of fire protection systems
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card applicants must:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed an Approved Apprenticeship in Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- Have a Level 3 NVQ in Providing Security, Emergency & Alarm Systems (1882) or (1866) or (2882)
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.