The ECS Network Infrastructure Installer Level 3 card is for people who are qualified to the industry recognised level 3 qualification, and are installing and maintaining structured cabling systems for datacomms systems.
There are two Network Infrastructure Installer cards to recognise copper and fibre network infrastructure qualifications.
Work undertaken by people holding the Network Infrastructure Installer – Copper card typically includes the installation of structured cabling such as UTP, STP, FTP, Coaxial and general common copper data cables.
Holders of the Network Infrastructure Installer – Fibre card will typically undertake work on single-mode and multi-mode fibre cables.
A Network Infrastructure Installer will also carry out work on all necessary containment and associated connection units; installation of earthing and bonding cables, the fitting out of enclosures with structured cable termination equipment (connection units, hubs, switches, routers, patch panels etc).
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an ECS Network Infrastructure Installer Level 3 card, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Level 3 industry recognised qualification in copper such as
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Data Communications Cable Installation or the BTEC Level 3 in Certified Network Cable Installer (Copper)
- Open Awards Level 3 Award in Copper Datacoms Cable Installation and Testing
- Completion of the Experienced Worker Assessment - Copper
- Level 3 industry recognised qualification in Fibre such as
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Data Communications Cable Installation or the BTEC Level 3 in Certified Network Cable Installer (Fibre)
- Open Awards Level 3 Award in Fibre Optics Installation and Testing
- Completion of the Experienced Worker Assessment - Fibre
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Communications Cabling (3668-03)
- EAL Level 3 Award in Telecoms, Fibre and Copper
2. Employer / company statement confirming at least 12 months installation experience or other evidence of experience
3. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.