The ECS Network Infrastructure Installer Level 3 card is for people who are qualified to the industry recognised level 3 qualification, and are installing and maintaining structured cabling systems for datacomms systems.
There are two Network Infrastructure Installer cards to recognise copper and fibre network infrastructure qualifications.
Work undertaken by people holding the Network Infrastructure Installer – Copper card typically includes the installation of structured cabling such as UTP, STP, FTP, Co-AX and general common copper data cables.
Holders of the Network Infrastructure Installer – Fibre card will typically undertake work on single-mode and multi-mode fibre cables.
A Network Infrastructure Installer will also carry out work on all necessary containment and associated connection units; installation of earthing and bonding cables, the fitting out of enclosures with structured cable termination equipment (connection units, hubs, switches, routers, patch panels etc).
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an ECS Datacomms Specialist card, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Level 3 industry recognised qualification in copper such as CNCI - Copper or
- Level 3 industry recognised qualification in Fibre such as CNCI - Fibre or
- Completion of the Experienced Worker Assessment Copper or Fibre
2. Employer statement confirming at least 12 months installation experience
3. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.