The ECS Telecommunications Fitter card is designed for skilled operatives who carry out the installation, commissioning, repair and maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an Telecommunications Fitter card, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. You must have successfully completed one of the following:
- an Approved Apprenticeship in Installation and / or Maintenance of Telecommunications at Level 3 or above, such as
- Level 3 apprenticeship Unified Communications Technician
- NVQ Level 3 in Telecommunications Installation and / or Maintenance or equivalent, such as
- S/NVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Services Installing and inspecting Structured Cabling Systems
- BTEC Level 3 NVQ for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- C&G 4520 Level 3 NVQ in ICT Professional Competence
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.