The Electrical Fitter’s ECS card is for skilled operatives who work unsupervised to assemble, install and maintain equipment associated with low voltage electrical systems and their electromechanical and electronic parts - such as machines, drive mechanisms, protective components, controls, regulator equipment and signals.
If you hold an ECITB NVQ Level 3 as shown in the criteria below, you can have the ACE (Assuring Competence in Engineering Construction) logo shown on your card.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an Electrical Fitter’s ECS card, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Have successfully completed ONE of the following:
- an Approved Apprenticeship as an Electrical Fitter
- ECITB Level 3 NVQ in Installing and Commissioning Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Plant)
- ECITB Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Engineering Construction Plant and Systems – Electrical
- An approved Level 3 NVQ in Electrical Fitting of Equipment
2. Be trained to the current edition of the IET Wiring Regulations, (BS7671)
3. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.