The ECS Instruments Mechanic card is designed for skilled operatives working in measurement and control systems for plant and industrial production lines - specifically the installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of electromechanic, electronic or pneumatic measurement, control and regulation devices used in process engineering.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an ECS Instruments Mechanic card, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. You must have successfully completed one of the following:
- an Approved Apprenticeship in Instrument Servicing and Maintenance
- NVQ Level 3 in Instrument Servicing
- NVQ Level 3 in Installing Plant and Systems – Pipefitting
- NVQ Level 3 in Maintaining Plant and Systems – Instrument and Controls
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.