Electrical Labourer

White with brown stripe

Card information

The Electrical Labourer ECS card is for people working in a supportive role to assist electricians and other qualified staff with the installation of cables and other unskilled work, under supervision. They are to assist but not carry out any craft work that an electrician carries out.

A labourer has a specific job role within the JIB grading structure.

This card is designed specifically for people working within the electrical industry.

From 1st October 2017 proof of employment by an Electrical Contractor or other Electrotechnical employer will be required for initial applications for the Electrical Labourer card.

In some situations this card may be issued if you cannot meet the qualification requirements of other cards such as Installation Electrician. If you hold a Labourer card, you can upgrade to an ECS gold card once you have gained further qualifications.

Eligibility and requirements

You must hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.