The Wireman / Panel Builder ECS card is for operatives that install the internal cabling or equipment into panels designed to provide a power distribution or control function for a specific installation. The operative may also be involved in the pre-delivery inspection and testing of a control panel or the commissioning of a panel once installed on site by an Installation Electrician.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an ECS Wireman/Panel Builder card, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. You must have successfully completed one of the following:
- an Approved Apprenticeship in Panel Wiring /Panel Building
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services - Panel Wiring / Panel Builder
- Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical Manufacture Engineering (fitting and assembly)
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.