The Emergency & Security Systems Installer (Level 3) ECS card is for operatives who have gained the industry NVQ level 3 qualification and are installing, commissioning and maintaining security and emergency systems.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card, applicants must:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have completed an Approved Apprenticeship in Emergency & Security Systems
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Providing Security, Emergency and Alarm Systems (1882, 2882 or 1866)
- Have held an Emergency & Security Systems Installer ECS card for at least five years and provide a detailed employer reference, confirming their competence in this field
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.