The Emergency & Security Systems Surveyor ECS card is for operatives who have gained the industry level 3 qualification and are carrying out site surveys for the installation of emergency and security systems.
Working at this level typically involves carrying out the following duties unsupervised:
- survey and design a security/emergency system
- maintain effective working relationships
- make plans and arrangements for work on site
- prepare a tender/quotation for the provision and maintenance of a basic security/emergency system
- negotiate sales
- solve problems on behalf of customers
- make sales presentations to existing and potential customers
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card, applicants must:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed an Approved Apprenticeship in Emergency and Security Systems
- Have successfully completed the NVQ Level 3 in Providing Security, Emergency & Alarm Systems (1882) or (1866)
- Have held an Emergency & Security Systems Installer or Maintenance unskilled ECS card for at least five years and provide a detailed employer reference, confirming their competence in this field
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.