The Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Commissioning ECS card is for operatives that have gained the industry level 3 qualification in commissioning.
Working at this level typically involves carrying out the following duties unsupervised:
- assessment of fire risks
- choice of detectors and/or suppression media
- understanding of safety issues
- effective working relationships
- installation of fire protection systems.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card, applicants must:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed an Approved Apprenticeship in Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- Level 3 NVQ in Providing Security, Emergency & Alarm Systems (1882) or (1866)
- Have held an ECS Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Commissioning card for at least five years and provide a detailed employer reference, confirming their competence in this field
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.