The Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Installer ECS card is for operatives that have gained the industry level 3 qualification in installation.
Working at this level typically requires the following knowledge and skills:
- requirements of BS7671 for electrical safety
- understanding of safety issues
- effective working relationships
- understanding of relevant electrical safety issues,
- commissioning of fire protection systems
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card applicants must:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed an Approved Apprenticeship in Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- Have a Level 3 NVQ in Providing Security, Emergency & Alarm Systems (1882) or (1866) or (2882)
- Have held an ECS Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Installer card for at least five years and provide a detailed employer reference, confirming their competence in this field
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.