The Fire Systems Technician ECS card is for operatives that have gained the industry level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in the Fire Systems Technician pathway.
Working at this level typically involves carrying out the following duties unsupervised:
- assessment of fire risks
- choice of detectors and/or suppression media
- understanding of safety issues
- effective working relationships
- installation of fire protection systems.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card, applicants must:
1. Meet have successfully completed the Apprenticeship Standard in the Fire Systems Technician pathway
2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.