The ECS Electrical Contracts Manager card is for senior staff who manage contracts on construction sites. The card acknowledges the managerial status and qualifications of the card holder.
It is possible to hold both a black Manager card and a skilled gold card if you have qualified under both sets of criteria.
Applicants for this card must be suitably qualified and experienced to carry out, as a minimum, the following activities as an Electrical Contracts Manager (alternative/additional activities may also be considered):
- Develop and agree a contract brief
- Manage and participate in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders
- Manage the development and content of a procurement programme
- Manage the planning of work methods, resources and systems to meet contractors requirements
- Control Contract costs, quality, progress and claims
- Manage health, safety, welfare and risk control systems
- Manage customer care requirements and contribute to establishing a marketing strategy and corporate image; Identify, assess and agree customer requirements and preferences; Maintain a customer care policy
- Develop teams, individuals and self
- Develop effective working relationships
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card, applicants must:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have achieved a Level 5 National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) or SVQ
- Have completed more than one year’s experience in the present post
- Have completed more than one year’s experience in a previous position
2. Have full company support and provide a job reference/ job description as part of an application.
3. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.