The ECS Electrical Site Manager card is for staff to manage the electrical work carried out by their company on construction sites. The card acknowledges the managerial status and qualifications of the cardholder.
It is possible to hold both a black Manager card and a skilled gold card if you have qualified under both sets of criteria.
Applicants for this card must be qualified and experienced to carry out, as a minimum, the following activities as an Electrical Site Manager (alternative/additional activities may also be considered):
- Contribute to planning work methods, resources, teams & systems to meet project requirements
- Control contract costs, quality and progress and assess information
- Develop teams and individuals to enhance performance
- Develop own resources
- Develop effective working relationships
- Contribute to addressing poor performance of team members
- Facilitate meetings
- Implement works to meet project requirements
- Establish and oversee materials supply
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for this card, applicants must:
1. Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have achieved a Level 4 National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) or SVQ (or above)
- Have completed more than one year’s experience in their present post
- Have completed more than one year’s experience in a previous position
2. Must have full company support and provide a job reference/ job description as part of an application.
3) Hold a current Health & Safety Certificate or recognised H&S qualification. For more details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.