There are a number of exemptions that have been approved as meeting the occupational construction site safety requirements of the ECS Health, Safety & Environmental Assessment.
Individuals who hold any of the following certificates (issued within 3 years of an application being received by the JIB) are exempted from taking the ECS H&S Assessment. For instance if your certificate is dated 1st August 2017, we would need to have received your ECS application before 31st July 2020.
Please note: From 01 July 2017, the IOSH Working Safely Certificate gained via the online e-assessment will not be accepted as an ECS Health & Safety Assessment exemption. Read more...
Assessments and Qualifications which allow a three year exemption:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures & Environment) (QCF)
- Level 3 SVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures & Environment) (QCF)
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Installation – Building and Structures)
- Level 3 SVQ in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Installation – Building and Structures)
- SQA/SJIB SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation
- Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification (installation) or (maintenance) – Trailblazer (England)
- ECITB Health and Safety Passport
- Construction Skills Register (CSR)
- CCNSG Safety Passport - National Course
- CCNSG Safety Passport - Supervising / Leading a team Safety Course
- CCNSG Safety Passport - Renewal Course
- Safety Passport Alliance (SPA) Core H & S Course
- IOSH Working Safely - (IOSH Approved Centre Classroom Invigilated Exam ONLY)
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
- IOSH Safety, Health & Environment for Construction Site Managers
- Construction Skills (CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS Refresher)
- CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course
- ECA Operative & New Entrant H & S Awareness Course
- IOSH Managing Safely in the Engineering Construction Industry (ECITB Module 4)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety
- NEBOSH Level 3 General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification
In addition, the SJIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme Health and Safety Assessment is recognised by the JIB.